Thursday, January 31, 2013

068 – Perth and Surrounds (Swan River, Rottnest Island, Kadidjiny Park) – Taz-I-Am


Do you like travelling with your fam?
Do you like it, Taz-I-Am?

Do you like going on a river boat cruise?

Up the Swan River,


To get some booze?




Do you like playing with your sister?


Or with your mom?

(I saw you kissed her).

How about seeing Marilyn Monroe?

Or hanging out with the captain? No?

Go anywhere on God’s green Earth,
Even to downtown Perth.

Do you like travelling with your fam?
Do you like it Taz-I-Am? 


Perhaps hop on a ferry ride?


To Rottnest Island? You decide.
Called Wadjemup by the Noongar,
You need to get around without a car.

How about a chariot? Give it a try.
Quick, quick! Before you start to cry!

Check out The Basin with your troupe.



Aw, man, Taz! Did you eat quokka poop?

Don’t let him get your crackers now!
There’ll be none left for you to chow.

Take in the sights down all the trails.


It might help to arrest your wails.

Past the salt lakes,



To Oliver Hill.



Your sister, Ciel, knows the drill.
("Atten-SHUN!”)

What’s that? I no longer hear you weep…
Oh, that’s just because you’ve gone to sleep.

Do you like travelling with your fam?
Do you like it Taz-I-Am?

Will you go here or there?
Would you do it on a dare?

Try it! Try it! You will see,
Come to Kadidjiny Park with your family!

Work on firming up your caboose,


It’s all themed after Dr. Seuss!

Ciel can look out for the Cat in the Hat.

Now, c'mon, what do you think about that?

Okay, okay I’ll give it a go,

I’ll try to swing to and fro.


This place isn’t all that bad!
In fact, it makes me sort of glad.

Getting on board with family bath time helps.
Did someone say “Michael Phelps”?

I LOVE travelling with my fam!
(As long as blankie’s in my hand.)

I love it, love it, TAZ-I-AM!

4 comments:

Dave Cristelli said...

Show off.

Uncle Tom said...

Literary Genious! And Rottnest is a paradise island. Your photos are "genious" as well. Nice talking with you tonight and getting a close-up look at Taz's bum. Looking forward to hearing the Pirate Story. Luv: UT

tbone and cleo said...

Awesome play on words with good old Dr Suess! Looks like things are going very well and the kids are being entertained by all your different modes of transportation. The weather looks incredible...we got another 3 or 4 inches today of white fluffy stuff.
We are busy with hockey and curling and are getting geared up for another busy week and 2 birthdays to boot. I don't think we have ever had such a busy winter! Keep the blog rolling.... we are basically addicted to it:)

melissa said...

Amazing seuss-ness! Just catching up on a few posts! Everything looks amazing (minus all the meat!). Thanks for keeping me entertained while a croupy kid sleeps on me!!!!