On the run from the law following our recent prison break (Ref. Blog #065), we made our way
inland, along the banks of the Swan River, in search of refuge and a fresh
start.
Concealing
our identities,
We
found work at a local farm (show),
I
was tasked with making morning tea in the billy bucket,
While
Britt put together several amusing efforts at cracking the whip.
Ciel
and the other (less doe-eyed) young’uns,
Managed
the livestock.
And come chore time, Ciel was right in there.
Milkin’
‘em for all they were worth.
Of
course, part of assimilating into our new environment, meant getting familiar
with the local fauna in the “Wombat and Friends” pavilion.
The "Friends" included, a Kookaburra and Rainbow Lorikeet,
Sooty and Barking Owls,
“Hey!
Are yoo lookin’ at me?!, I said, are YOO lookin’ at ME?!?”
And the Tawny Frogmouth.
Ciel worked with the Bobtail Lizard,
Mastering the art of "one-finger petting".
While Taz tried to hold himself back from scarfing down the Golden Brushtail Possum's lunch
Britt found it all very charming.
And, we were sure to catch the cute and cuddly Wombat…
...right
in the middle of a huge poop.
That out of the way, we moved on to complete our orientation with a few Aussie icons.
"No WAY! That actually happens?!"
Ciel
made sure the ‘roos were well fed,
Some
more than others.
“Oooh
man…so much for my New Year’s Resolution!”
By
the time we finished, we were fully integrated members of society.
There
was even a (short) welcoming parade.
And
Britt already has her entry in for the regional photo contest.
After a little R 'n' R,
We were
ready to get out and start exploring(/eating) our way through this new territory. Fortunately, the plentiful establishments of the Swan Valley were happy
to oblige.
We
kicked off at Whistler’s,
“BEHOLD!
My violet macaroon!”
Where
we checked out a sweet piece of property.
We didn't get much further up the road before signs suckered us in for free samples of cheese. Clearly, we know where that leads.
Come noon hour, Taz
was in dire need of a pick-me-up.
And
of course, it’s crucial to stay hydrated in the blistering Aussie sun.
Very
refreshing.
"Okay, people. That's a wrap!"














































4 comments:
Too cute..i am not sure what is cuter though...the kids or the kids and the animals. Ciel and Brit are braver than i to touch those scaly things..yuck.
I don't think Britt read her 50 shades of grey before trying that whip..lol. I must ask where did Taz's clothes go...poor naked baby. Luke you fit right in with the roos..chillin! Incredible pic of the peacock feather and Ciel, Britt, that is a forever keeper! We love how you incorporate beer with all your adventures...something for the adults :)
I swear my beer consumption has gone up since reading your blog... Anyway SUPER jealous of all the cuddles with the Aussie animals... And Britt I seriously thought for a second that you were doing a dance routine in that cracking the whip photo sequence :)
Damn. Britt, you may not have cracked the whip, but you sure did touch the snake! Dang! I could never ever ever ever ever do that! That photo made me shutter. Your peacock photo made me smile! The dingo ate my baby - classic. Beer beer beer...well done.
Also, Luke. Thought of you family on Sunday as I made pancakes for my girls. Shaped, of course. I think I ate pancakes more at your home than any other in my lifetime. THEN just now, boom. Thought of you again. #50. check it out.
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/01/50-life-hacks-to-simplify-your-world/
Post a Comment