Monday, December 24, 2012

058 – Mauritius – First Date

Being the high maintenance gal she is, it didn’t take long after the departure of Nana and G-Dad, for Ciel to sweet talk some other sucker into fawning over her - day and night.
Queue, Ilias.
(Who Ciel affectionately calls, “Lily-Ass”)

His father, Martin, is six months into a two-year work placement with BMW, so Ilias, along with his mother (Reyhan), and brother (Timur) are along for the ride.

Sure he only speaks German and is twice her age, but after showering her with homemade cookies,



And love letters,

She finally agreed to ONE date.

So, after taking a minute to let Abedeen down gently,

They saddled up for a trip to La Vanille Crocodile Park.



Ciel and Ilias weren’t thrilled about having their moms and little brothers in tow,


But as luck would have it,
(Apparently, it’s lucky when a bird craps on your face – I’m not convinced)

Taz and Timur came in handy, wrangling in a tortoise,

(Note: No Photoshop required!)


For a romantic ride through the park.

And, they still managed to steal a ‘moment’ by the monkey cage.



Where Ciel wowed Ilias with her peanut-tossing skills.

Ah, yes, love was certainly in the air.
(Really?! Are these tortoises... or hares?)

After a quick spin through the 23,000 species strong ‘insectarium’,



For a little movie trivia,
(“Tell me, Clarice– have the lambs stopped screaming…?”)



The date continued at the Saint Aubin Colonial House with an elegant déjeuner on the veranda,

And a tour of the (play)grounds.



The coastal drive home,

Gave Ilias a chance to confer with his bro.
“I’m tellin’ you, Timur. I think this girl might be the one!”

We knew things were getting serious when they invited us all for a ‘meet the parents’ gelato session the next day. 
Ciel insisted Britt and I not “totally embarrass” her by ordering the extra large tub in front of our new friends, so we all had to settle for individual servings.

I guess it worked, ‘cause we managed to score an invite to their new place for Christmas Eve dinner…Maybe this Lily-Ass kid is not so bad after all…
...We'll see.

4 comments:

Dave Cristelli said...

Merry Christmas Bearss clan. Where was Tas during all of these shenanigans? The brother is supposed to run interference at times like these. Jeez! See if you can at least score a Beemer for the rest of the stay - is there a big demand for BMWs on Mauritius, by the by?

tbone and cleo said...

Awww, Ciel's first love.....this gives new meaning to long distance relationships. "IIias I am available to come see you but my Mom and Dad won't drive me to the airport or pack my bags, they just don't understand."
Great pictures once again. Is it the tortise mating season right now?? I can't believe that the kids just hop on the tortise like its no big deal.
Snowing here right now..its like the perfect Christmas Eve weather. Mike is making a outdoor rink for the kids as I type which reminds me I better get busy and finish up my jobs!

erynn said...

Whoa Ciel, love the 80's look you got going on while riding the giant tortoise. Teased hair, one shoulder showing - fabulous.

Kristin said...

Fantastic love story! Too bad about the bird poop! YUCK!