Our travels
continued in the tiny mountain village of Polyrinia. Where, after a minor
unintended detour through the expansive streets,
We discovered this
highly descriptive roadside map,
Directing us
back around to the base of the ancient acropolis.
We explored
some of the remnants at the base,
(Be sure to
squint and take notice of that cross waaaaaay up there at the top)
Before making
the cliff-side ascent to the summit.
“Hey! Ciel.
Tasman. Gee, I hope this isn’t too tough for you…”
With the help of another furry guide we finally reached the zenith.
“Can we get you a Perrier or something, Ciel?”
Ciel and Taz
loved the 360° view.
Britt opted
for the lazy man’s route down.
With storm
clouds in the distance we weren’t sure if we’d make it to Falasarna Beach in time.
But, we beat
the rain (and the crowds),
So Ciel could
get her Baywatch on.
Of course,
that caused a stampede of her adoring fans.
Not wanting to
be overshadowed, Taz rallied some admirers of his own.
We rounded out
our days in Chania relaxing, doing laundry, coming up with creative ways to
finish all the food in our fridge, and making multiple return trips to that café
in the park to try to figure out which of the nine chocolatey drinks on the
menu was the really good one that we ordered on the first day.
The café
really got hopping on Saturday, as there were actually other people there (including lots
of kids), along with live entertainment. Despite the language barrier, Ciel courted a few suitors,
Although, follow
the leader proved to be a bit of a challenge…
Tomorrow we
move on to Heraklion for a couple days, before leaving Crete for Dubai. The bags are packed, the cupboards are
bare, and the fridge… "Oh!…Hey!…What are you guys doing in there?…All ice-cold and
and lonely…We can’t take you with us…What ever shall we do…?"
Cheers.
P.S. I had to update the blog template as the antiquated one I was using kept cropping the sides of our photos.
P.S. I had to update the blog template as the antiquated one I was using kept cropping the sides of our photos.




























4 comments:
Seriously, where is everyone? I love that you guys have the beach to yourselves b/c it's so cold! JEALOUS! Sophia was crying yesterday that she hated winter - b/c it was 1C, so I made her wear pants....not stockings and a dress. That kid has a rude awakening. Wish we could be with you guys for the rest of your "winter"!
Love the posts/pics.
Thanks for making my Tuesday morning a bit easier :)
Your photo shop skills reveal the pace of life on Crete. Looks like you're enjoying the trip so far. Keep em coming.
I just can't get over how there isn't anybody around...seems crazy. Its like you have the island to yourselves. Love the Baywatch spoof..should we call you the Hoff now, Luke?? Can't wait to see what is happening in Dubai. Take care and safe travels
That last picture is dynamite. I love the reflection in the window. Keep 'em coming.
Post a Comment