We arrived in Sydney to much fanfare as Ciel traversed her six-month birthday.
Foolishly, we thought that she would want a subdued celebration with a family picnic at the botanical gardens,
Followed by a quiet evening settling into our new apartment watching 24hr soft porn, which we were surprised to find on four of our six available television stations. Including the full-time “Girls Gone Wild” station, Ciel loves that one.
But, clearly she had a classier and more elaborate form of entertainment in mind.
Maybe catch a circus show,
A live concert,
Or an afternoon at the opera?
Her persistence (i.e. persistent crying), and jet lag, paid off as 2 am arrived to see us out of bed strolling the streets of Sydney in our pajamas, with the rest of the drunken revelers…
With the celebrations out of the way, we quickly got to work completing her six-month check-up.
Height – 66cm
Weight – 6.31kg
Fine Motor Skills. Check.
“It’s all rubbed in, right?”
Gross Motor Skills. Check.
Nutrition.
After having the same thing for 1483 meals in a row, we figured Ciel might be ready for a little variety…
…or maybe not.
In further recognition of her accomplishments, we met up with my friend Jen and took the ferry to Manly Beach. Unfortunately, Ciel left her surfboard at home so we just chilled in the sand.
A good start to our week in Sydney, time to turn in for today. Maybe I’ll just watch a little TV before I nod off. Hmmm…I wonder what’s on…




3 comments:
That girl of yours is just delicious. Happy 6 months to Ciel!
Wow..Ciel is 6 months already! I think she is getting cutier by the day..she will be on the move soon! Sydney looks awesome so far!! Luke you are missing hockey season..T-bone scored 2 goals fri night!!
Hi guys! Welcome to Australia. Where the pay phone will milk your wallet dry. I think a 50 cent coin will give you 1 minute.
I've been trying to call the mobile number you gave me but it hasn't been working??? I'll keep trying.
I would love to see you in the Hunter. I'm going through a few excuses in my head to call in tomorrow (so bad). One of them could be that I have to baby sit seeing how you'll be wine tasting throughout the day. Hmm, I'll come up with something. However, if I don't make it out there I hope you enjoy yourselves.
So good to hear from you. I just caught up on the blog. Cliel, what a world traveler. I just love it!
xoxox DK
Post a Comment